Inteligencia Artificial - IAN (Inteligencia Artificial Natural)

Vista:

IAN (Inteligencia Artificial Natural)

Publicado por Sebastian Nicolas Samaruga Ced (3 intervenciones) el 31/03/2007 20:55:57
NATURAL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (April 2007)

Introduction

Preceding this chapter, I’ll talk a few words about numbers. Numbers, such entities that controls everyday aspects in our lives, are the basis for a system much more complex than only counting such things as people, elements in a set, time an other kinds of measurement.

If we took only of numbers as a basis for counting, we limit them to their first natural approach of ordering of matter, necessary for reasoning, in some cases, and for accounting in the most other situations.

At the time of this writing, I’ve developed a little framework of positional numeric systems, in an arbitrary radix, and with arbitrary precision (classes in an object oriented language such as Number, Radix, Digit, aggregation between Number and digit through a specific Radix)

I state: we can use our ”natural” numbering system for something more interesting than counting. For the reasons of this paper, I can tell that numbers are something more.

For example, numbers identify our things, our products we buy in a supermarket, we, as people, are attained as numbers in informatics systems that have a degree of accountability in our lives. Other example, our ages, are numbers that qualify us as a male/female person N years old.

Embedding semantics in our numberings schemes is a must.

We need more than sequences or digits meaningful only in a context such as a market or a bookstore or a hospital (in the case of our medical record number). We are more than that.

If we develop such a framework, of numbers as a language, of choice in computer systems of course, but in our everyday lives, we can accomplish much more complex tasks that only counting the number of patients attended a day in a hospital, the number of employees working for a company in a department, etc.

Numbers as a Language

Our today “natural” numbers are quite expensive to store, in the form of bytes in a computer system they are many an many long to store for everyday tasks involving number in them. Reasoning over those numbers is quite expensive to, too many relationships, link between relational tables, primary keys, foreign keys, etc.

We need to develop a language for numbers. Imagine we can infer, given two numbers, two specific “IDs”, that represent something in the real world. They, alone, by themselves, don’t give us much information, we need to query a database about what they are and what they mean.

If a “number” speak by himself, he can tell us much more than his radix, his amount and the number and quantity of each of it’s digits.

Let’s have another choice. Let’s give “numbers” a new approach to talk to ourselves.

Imagine the following, two IDs, in a specific scheme, not UUIDs, but some approach derived from there. We ask the ID if it is a cat, a horse or a child. If it is a child, we can ask him the following: Is this [other] ID the ID of any of your parents? Any relative may be, in which degree?

Numbering schemes and URIs and other related identification frameworks give us a good starting point for this. Given a URI, we can know where the information is hosted, in which country, the document name, etc.

Using metadata is the question. How many metadata can be embedded in a ID or a “number”. Answer: The necessary for the purposes abovementioned.

Finding the way in this reasoning path is feasible and it’s “natural” to evolve our numbers in such a way. We need more than “natural” numbers to store the information we give, we have and, definitely, we are.

Multiple radix numbers, positional (fixed) numbering systems, metadata, inferences, RDF in a numeric approach. All these things are fundamental. Semantic networks, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms, neural networks. All of them give us many starting points to start developing our “natural numbering scheme” some of what we could be proud of use in our everyday life.

Links (Spanish)

lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2007Feb/0027.html

http://www.cricava.com/java/foro/viewtopic.php?t=4004

Sebastián Nicolás Samaruga Cédola

[email protected]
Valora esta pregunta
Me gusta: Está pregunta es útil y esta claraNo me gusta: Está pregunta no esta clara o no es útil
Responder